One of the reasons why Lake Almanor is so popular is because the lake is so huge and uncrowded. Want to water ski or go tubing? You can go for miles. Are you a kayaker looking for quiet coves and beautiful nature to see? Got that, too. A fisherman? Fish on around the lake, local creeks — and other lakes within an easy drive.
If you’re bringing your own boat, there are several boat ramps and docking areas around the lake.
Just outside the Peninsula Gate is the marina. You’ll find options at Big Cove or Knotty Pine resorts:
- Boats (ski, pontoons, fishing)
- Kayaks, canoes, paddleboats
- Fishing supplies
- Boat rentals in Prattville
- Boat ramp by dam
- Numerous undeveloped, quiet beaches
- Great coves for swimming and kayaking
- Fishing and boating supplies